We are pleased to share the exciting news that the Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa will be reopening today,
the 1st of September. With this, we would like to update you on the steps they have taken in order to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19.
As part of our housekeeping operations, they have a comprehensive set of cleaning protocols that are
designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from
hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications, to guest room and common area cleaning
Below are some of the measures they have in place:
- Implemented guidelines on chemicals and equipment to be used that are effective against
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection at high-volume areas and regularly
touched surfaces. These include the counter at front desk, elevators, public bathrooms and
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols are in place to sanitize rooms after guests depart and
before next guest arrives.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in the ‘Back of House’, where hotel employees work behind
- Increased associate health, safety and knowledge efforts, including hand hygiene protocols
and specific COVID-19 related trainings.
- Introduced measures to minimize contact and reinforce social distancing.
Marriot Malta recognise that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more thoughtful as we go about our daily activities. The staff would like to assure all it’s guests, that providing a safe and clean environment at the hotel, is their utmost priority.
Well done Marriot Malta, we look forward to working with you again soon!The Malta Marriot opens its doors
Following an extensive €30m refurbishment and renovation, the Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa has started to welcome its guests on Monday, 13th January 2020.
The contemporary-designed hotel overlooking the picturesque surroundings of Balluta Bay, St Julian’s has 301 totally renovated rooms and suites — including 25 new Club rooms, suites and a 150 sqm presidential suite with views of the iconic bay — as well a complete transformation of its restaurants & bars, leisure and conference facilities. In addition, the hotel will be introducing the state-of-the-art M Club, a 200 sqm executive lounge on the 13th floor giving guests the best views in town.
The hotel’s British designers RPW, one of the world’s leading interior design companies have acknowledged elements of traditional Maltese craft in a modern way, combining beautiful interiors with functionality, offering enriching experiences and sophisticated spaces.